Twenty-one young professionals have received awards for the coming academic year and will soon be leaving Bangladesh to begin one-year master’s degrees at some of the UK’s most prestigious universities.
Presenting the awards, British High Commissioner to Bangladesh HE Sarah Cooke, said
“Many congratulations to everyone who is joining the Chevening programme this year. UK Universities offer world-class teaching and degrees, as well as the chance to experience British culture. Scholars will also build lifelong friendships and join a vibrant global network that includes more than 350 alumni from Bangladesh, and over 50,000 alumni worldwide.
“This year I’m delighted that we have 21 fantastic new scholars from Bangladesh, including 11 women. I hope we will see even more scholars from Bangladesh in the future.”
Applications for Chevening open on 12 September 2023 and close on 7 November 2023. Follow www.chevening.org/apply or @ukinbangladesh for updates.
- Chevening Scholarships are awarded to individuals from all backgrounds who can demonstrate that they have the commitment and skills required to create positive change, and can show how a UK master’s degree will help them do that. The scholarship offers full financial support for scholars to study for any eligible master’s degree at any UK university whilst also gaining access to a wide range of exclusive academic, professional, and cultural experiences.
- Since the programme was created in 1983, over 55,000 professionals have had the opportunity to take their career to the next level through Chevening. There are approximately 1,500 awards on offer globally for the 2024/2025 academic year, demonstrating the UK’s ongoing commitment towards developing the leaders of tomorrow as Chevening celebrates its 40th anniversary year.
- Chevening scholarships are fully-funded (flights, accommodation, and course fees are all included)
- Applicants will live and study in the UK for a year, during which time they will be given the scope to develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK.
- The process of selecting Chevening Scholars takes a minimum of eight months from the application deadline to when applicants are conditionally selected for an award.
- Applicants are required to meet all the eligibility criteria: an undergraduate degree, 2(+) years’ work experience, citizenship in a Chevening eligible country and the drive to influence positive change.
British High Commission Dhaka
United Nations Road
Dhaka – 1212
Email: [email protected]
Follow the British High Commissioner to Bangladesh on Twitter: @HCSarahCooke
Follow the British High Commission Dhaka on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Linkedin