Sorting by

×

Giovanni Pernice dismisses Strictly Come Dancing allegations as ‘simply false’ | Ents & Arts News

Giovanni Pernice has dismissed allegations about his behaviour while working on Strictly Come Dancing as “simply false”.

The Italian dancer, 33, said he is “co-operating fully” with an ongoing BBC investigation and is looking forward to “clearing my name”.

The broadcaster last week confirmed he will not return for the new series, on which he has performed for nine years.

Pernice has previously rejected allegations he displayed “abusive or threatening behaviour” while working as a professional dancer on the BBC One primetime show, following complaints about his conduct.

In a post on Instagram on Sunday morning, he wrote: “To my fans and followers,

“Every week, there are totally untrue stories about me in the media.

“As you know, I have always rejected any suggestion of abusive or threatening behaviour. The latest accusations are simply false.

More on Strictly Come Dancing

“I am co-operating fully with the ongoing BBC investigation, which will determine the truth.

“As requested, I have stayed silent, but I am looking forward to the conclusion of the investigation and ultimately clearing my name and establishing the truth.

“I am so happy to be back on tour. Thank you all for your continued support – your messages and love mean so very much to me. I will hopefully see many of you very soon and I look forward to clearing my name.

“With love, Giovanni.”

Rose Ayling-Ellis and Giovanni Pernice in 2022. File pic: PA
Image:
Rose Ayling-Ellis and Giovanni Pernice in 2022. File pic: PA

Read more from Sky News:
Inside the UK’s music festival crisis
Gordon Ramsey says he’s ‘lucky to be alive’

Pernice, who has been part of Strictly since 2015 when he reached the grand final with Coronation Street actress Georgia May Foote, is currently on tour with fellow professional dancer Anton Du Beke, with whom he has also hosted a travel show.

Follow Sky News on WhatsApp
Follow Sky News on WhatsApp

Keep up with all the latest news from the UK and around the world by following Sky News

Tap here

In 2021, Pernice lifted the Strictly glitterball trophy alongside EastEnders star Rose Ayling-Ellis, who was the first deaf contestant.

A legal firm acting on behalf of the complainants said the broadcaster is “evidence-gathering”, but the BBC has not confirmed whether any probe has begun.

Source link

Related Articles

Back to top button